Don't miss our June Social to kick off the summer! We will be hosting the event at the unique wine bar in Cherry Creek, Vinue. The non-profit partner this month is Greenway Foundation and our featured Young Professional group is Invisible Disabilities Young Professionals. Read more about our partners below--we hope to see you there.
About Greenway Foundation
The Mission of The Greenway Foundation is to advance the South Platte River and the surrounding tributaries as a unique environmental, recreational, cultural, scientific and historical amenity that uniquely links our City’s past and its future.
About Invisible Disabilities (R) Young Professionals
The Invisible Disabilities® Association's mission is to encourage, educate and connect people and organizations touched by illness, pain and disability around the globe. Launching in 2016, IDYP (Invisible Disabilities® Young Professionals) will help IDA fulfill their mission of Encouraging, Educating and Connecting. Encourage: IDYP will be both a place of encouragement and of mentoring for YP’s impacted by illness, pain and disability and for their friends, families, co-workers and beyond. Educate: IDYP will help educate YP’s themselves on invisible disabilities as well as a place to create plans to educate other young professionals. Connect: IDYP will provide YP’s touched by illness, pain and disability a place to meet others living with or as caregivers themselves and therefore hopefully not feel alone and isolated anymore. Connection takes place in many forms such as volunteering for IDA events, participating in online IDA social groups and local IDA meetup groups.
Our social events provide an opportunity to network with Denver's finest Young Professionals in a relaxed, professional environment. So come with an open mind, dress like you do at work, and be prepared to learn about the other professionals in the room. We work with people we like, so be prepared to foster some new business friendships! There are no membership or age requirements for MHYP socials, everyone is welcome to come network and learn more about MHYP.
Our socials feature food and drink specials and a fish-bowl drawing that includes fantastic giveaways and prizes (must be present to win).
MHYP Members: FREE
Join fellow MHYP members for a few new sports leagues we are adding! Contact Peter Roldan for more information: Peter.Roldan@gmail.com
Summer Touch Football:
- 8 on 8 co-ed touch football on a turf field
- 8-week season starts June 12, 2016
- Recommended Roster Size: 12-15
- Levels Available: Casual, Sorta Player, Player
- Location: Valverde Park in Denver
- League Details: http://www.zogsports.com/den/sports/football/summer16/touch-football-denver-sunday.aspx?q=register
- Co-Ed (Recreational): teams consisting of 10 to 20 male and female players. All teams must: match the gender-ratio of males to females (like 4 & 4 or 5 & 5) in the field, alternate males and females batting, and maintain a line-up at all times.
- There are 12 games during the season
- Registration is from May 2-26, season begins May 31
- The cost is $665/team
- Locations: locations are Barnum North, Kennedy, Ruby Hill, Vanderbilt, Veterans,Lawson, and Lincoln parks
- League Details: http://denvercitywidesports.org/Org/Content.aspx?d=UTp0zmTnOSCJuywXLHumlJ9Tg7D%2fG8VVXlXwTFd1tnI%3d
- Two New MHYP Sports Team Offerings!
May 6, 2016
- MHYP Running Club Starting Jan 20th
January 7, 2016
- Colorado Named the 2nd Best State for Entrepreneurs
October 16, 2015
- President of MHYP and Husband win Denver Metro Chamber Small Business of the Year
April 27, 2015
- Downtown Denver Partnership releases State of Downtown Denver 2015
March 30, 2015