Denver’s economy is on fire! Denver's chief economist today reported significant growth in employment, retail sales and construction, plus a surging housing market. Denver is experiencing the strongest economic outlook we’ve had since 2008.
We are coming out of this recession poised for success:
- We added 12,250 new jobs and 1,000 new business enterprises in 2012.
- We added nearly 15,000 new residents.
- Our resident labor force is at a record high, with 330,000 people employed.
- We have the strongest housing market in the nation.
- Our home values and construction permits are way up.
- Consumer confidence is on the rise, evidenced by the 4.6% increase in retail sales and 9.4% jump in vehicle purchases.
- Unemployment continues to drop, now standing at 7.3%.